Our client is a leading publishing company based near to Holborn in London. They are looking for a new Finance Manager to join their team.
As an important member of the Senior Management Team, the FM will be expected to take an active and intelligent interest in all operational aspects of the company's businesses. As such, the FM must be a good team player with an enquiring mind, who will enjoy the challenge of supplying colleagues with reports capable of helping them improve the profitability of the business.
The Finance Manager will head up the accounting department and will manage five staff.
• Day-to-day oversight of the accounts department and its processes and procedures
• Provision of information to senior managers throughout the business
• Preparation of interim management accounts (monthly)
• Preparation of a quarterly Board pack
• Support in the preparation and monitoring of budgets (revenues and expenditures)
• Management of the accounts department staff ( 5 staff)
• Internal control and risk management
• Planning, management, co-ordination and implementation of year end closing processes and procedures
• Review and improvement of existing systems, processes and procedures
• Provision of information to the company Auditors
• Payroll review
• You will be a professionally qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or be actively studying the final stages of a professional qualification.
• You will have extensive hands-on experience in financial reporting, internal control, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and accounting.
• Experience with SAGE Line 50 or an equivalent package, and a company payroll package, is a pre-requisite as well as a strong grasp of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. As the senior figure in finance, you must have experience leading a team and managing the performance of staff.
• You must be efficient, with a keen eye for detail. You must be innovative and resourceful, able to inspire and influence others and motivated by the challenge of raising the profile and performance of the accounting team. You must have first-rate communication skills and a confident and outgoing personality