Our client is a busy practice based in South Nutfield (near Redhill), with a varied client base made up, in the majority, of small to medium Limited companies, sole-traders and personal tax clients. They require a part-time (flexibility accepted) Accounts Assistant.
• Preparation of financial statements from manual or computerised records for all types of entities.
• Taxation computation preparation and online filing.
• Processing VAT returns, running monthly payrolls, dealing with CIS, and maintaining management accounts for several clients.
This Part-Time position would suit someone with a flexible approach, possibly part-qualified, or looking for term-time only working.
• The successful candidate will likely be AAT part/ qualified or with demonstrable accountancy practice experience.
• Able to autonomously prepare draft financial accounts of all types of entities to a final draft.
• The successful candidate will be able to prepare draft taxation computations of all types of entities to a final draft.
• IT literate – good knowledge of Iris Accounts Production practice software, Word and Excel. Also, knowledge and use of business software such as Sage, Xero, QuickBooks, etc.
• Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.