Our clients are looking for an experienced Accountant to join their team in Kingswood Bristol. Located in out of town shop front offices this is an excellent opportunity for a qualified or part-qualified individual with recent practice experience to join an ambitious, growing firm.
This is a great chance to be part of a very successful, award-winning brand and business model. We use the latest cloud based technology available in the UK with full support and training available.
This will be a varied and busy role, and duties will include:
• Looking after limited company, partnership and sole trader clients
• Preparing and filing VAT returns, annual accounts and corporation tax returns
• Preparing and filing personal tax returns
• Other duties as required to support management and the team, eg: answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries and responding to queries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately logging information.
• Solid, relevant and recent experience in a practice environment
• Qualified, part-qualified or QBE
• The ability to take ownership of your work and see things through to completion, including working unsupervised and to constant reporting deadlines
• Working current knowledge of UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
• Strong knowledge of computerised accounting systems and IT proficient – ideally in TaxCalc, QuickBooks, Receipt Bank, Virtual Cabinet and, of course Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of payroll and pensions
• Genuine desire to be a trusted advisor to small business clients
• Good people skills and a confident and friendly personality to help build strong relationships both within the team and with clients
• Exceptional communication, organisational and management skills