Can you see yourself owning an accountancy practice one day?
Our client is part of a large network of accountants who offer a wealth of experience and expertise to many small businesses right across the UK. They provide a wide range of accountancy and tax services including annual accounts, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping and tax planning to small businesses and individuals.
This practice based near Maidstone, Kent is fast-growing and are seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic, and hard-working accountant to join their busy team. There are flexible working hours for the right candidate. You could be a business owner in five years plus.
The successful candidate will have a strong background working in a practice or industry environment and be passionate about:
• Supporting a range of clients including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
• Communicating regularly and effectively with clients to build long term business relationships.
• Preparing management accounts for owner-managed businesses.
• Speaking with clients to resolve queries.
• Supporting the business owner in expanding the business.
• Overseeing and Preparation of financial statements for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
• Overseeing and Completion of personal tax and corporation tax returns.
• Overseeing and Completion of client VAT returns.
• Overseeing and Completion of client payrolls.
• Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquiries and staff.
• Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, owners and the clients.
• Plus, other duties consistent with the seniority of the position.
• The ideal candidate would be looking to grow with the practice as there will be opportunities for progression.
• The candidate will have experience in managing and preparing financial statements for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
• The candidate will have experience of managing and completing personal tax and corporation tax returns along with completing client VAT returns.
• The candidate will have experience of managing the completion of client’s payroll.
• Experience of using QuickBooks Online and/or Xero along with Receipt Bank would also be an advantage.
• Experience of using TaxCalc or a similar product in completing personal tax and corporation tax returns would also be an advantage.
• An ability to develop good working relationships with both co-workers, owners and clients.
• Strong Excel skills and proficient IT skills including the ability of using Microsoft Word & Outlook.
• A highly ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working individual wishing to progress and keen to make a difference in this practice.