This multi office practice are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will be Full- or part-qualified( minimum AAT Level 4) with 3-4 years recent experience in an accountancy practice. This is a permanent position available as part-time role, ideally three days a week ( 18-21hours).
There is flexibility for this to be a hybrid of a remote and in-office role.
Benefits include company pension scheme, 32 days annual leave ( pro rata), Health Assured Staff Wellbeing Programme, and access to extensive in-house training and CPD.
TThe main responsibilities will be based around looking after limited company, partnership and sole trader clients:
• Managing the preparation and filing of their VAT returns
• Preparing annual accounts,
• Preparing corporation tax returns
• Preparing personal tax returns
• Dealing with enquiries and responding to queries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately logging information.
• Review and sign off work produced by junior members of the team
• You will be required to use the latest sector-specific software, including QuickBooks Online, TaxCalc, Xero, Dext (formerly ReceiptBank) and supporting software such as Office 365.
• Part Qual / Qual ( AAT/ACCA/ACA/CIMA) Minimum AAT - level4
• A minimum of 3 years experience working in a similar role for an accountancy firm
• Good people skills and a confident, friendly personality to help build strong relationships both within the team and with clients.
• The ability to take ownership of your work and see things through to completion,
• Able to work unsupervised and keeping to deadlines.
• Willingness to supervise and develop junior colleagues.
• Genuine desire to be a trusted advisor to small business clients.