We are currently working with a North Nottinghamshire based Solicitors practice that has grown significantly in the past three years.They are looking to recruit a new Legal Cashier. In the last three years they have opened two new offices increasing their geographic profile.
This can be a full time role or a job share.
Covering all areas of cashiering duties as a part of the Accounts team, including:-
• Administration of client ledgers and general accounts duties
• Legal cashiering - credits, debits, billing, accounts journals
• Daily bank account reconciliations
• Purchase Ledger
• Working with fee earners on their ledger balances
• Nominal ledger postings
• Ensuring completions are done accurately and to strict time deadlines
• Sending TT's, BACs and online payments with attention to detail
• General admin filling, cheque writing, card payments, banking etc
• Working with fee earners to help review their aged debtors pre court recovery
• Legal Aid Agency billing
• Follow Solicitors Accounts Rules, AML compliance etc
• Double entry bookkeeping, Accounts, nominal, purchase and sales ledgers
• Liaise with bank
• Assisting the Accounts Manager
• Experience of working as a Legal Cashier in the accounts department of a law firm.
• Conversant with Solicitors' Accounts Rules
• Proficiencies IT literate with knowledge of Excel
• The role requires an efficient approach and a high degree of accuracy.
• There will be considerable interaction with fee earners and support staff from around the firm